I feel terrible that I have been M.I.A. since last Wednesday!
Last Thursday I stayed at Bob’s and we continued to fix up the home front. When he was at work on Friday I decided to take the curb appeal into my own hands. I weeded the entire front steps which trust me when I say, was no easy feat. I washed the siding and got a little trigger happy with Windex.
When he came home from work we headed up to Wisconsin with my family and had such a wonderful weekend full of lake living. I love lake living: beach waves, oversized hoodies, s’mores, pool lounging, family dinners, and lots of laughs.
Unfortunately, I forgot my camera at home! I couldn’t believe it, I have only ever forgotten my camera on one other momentous occasion: my trip to visit with the Chicago Blackhawks players in the locker room.
I am back to the grind though and have been thinking non stop about curb appeal. What makes a home feel coziest from the outside and how does that translate no matter the style of home?
1. Flowers & Plants: I think flowers and plants play such a pivotal role in what makes a place bright. One wonderful way to add foliage to a space is through the use of window boxes.
2. Shutters: An easy way to turn a bland window into a masterpiece is by framing it. There is something quaint and endearing about a window that has had the time taken out to be framed. Act like Mom used to when she’d frame your class
mug shots photos and frame your windows.
3. Door: Nothing draws attention quite like where you put the key, your door. An entry way needs to stand out and proudly show off the house style. This can be conveyed through a rustic wooden door or a polish and painted door for a sleek finish.
4. Lighting: When you want those visitors to know which house is yours, it is advised to make sure your home is visible. Be it lighting up an address or a path way, there is a lot to be said for “Let there be light”
5. Seating: Part of creating a welcoming front exterior is by bringing living space outdoors. People need to be envision enjoying that space, and one way to do this is by providing seating . All weather outdoor cushions patio sets can be fairly unaffordable and leave a home with that cozy outdoor room feel.
There you have it, five steps to a curb makeover. But I need to know, what elements would you add for that perfect curb appeal?